In July 2003, UNESCO-Bangkok contracted Childhope Asia Philippines (CHAP) to implement a project relative to UNESCO's program on Promoting Basic Education for the Social Protection of Children in Difficult Circumstances. CHAP was tasked to enhance/ strengthen its own web site to include or cover the following:
• Information about activities on out-of-school children, with particular reference to basic education in Asian countries:
- innovative projects and activities;
- research papers and resource materials including training materials and tools;
- partner organizations;
- experts; and
- other relevant information
• Information about activities on our-of-school children in the Philippines, with particular reference to basic education, including statistical data, government policy, and other relevant information.
In addition, CHAP will establish a link between its web site and UNESCO-Bangkok's web site on Education for All (EFA), which was officially launched on April 1, 2005. In turn, UNESCO-Bangkok will also put up a link from their EFA web site to that of CHAP's. The purpose for this link-up is to facilitate the dissemination of information on how nations all over the world are working towards the achievement of Education for All by 2015.